Portugal moved a step closer to Euro 2020 qualification thanks to yet another Cristiano Ronaldo masterclass.
The Juventus forward brushed aside a bad week at his club to bag a hat-trick on Thursday night as his side eased past Lithuania by six goals to nil.
The victory saw Ronaldo break yet another record, with his status as one of the greatest players of all time long since cemented.
We’ve taken a look at eight ridiculous stats to come out after his latest bout of goalscoring genius.
– Following his three-goal haul against Lithuania, Ronaldo is now the top scorer in European Championship qualifiers with 30 goals in 34 appearances.
– Ronaldo has now scored 55 hat-tricks for club and country throughout his career.
– He has now scored a hat-trick in 12 different countries: Lithuania, Portugal, Italy, Russia, Spain, Japan, Armenia, Sweden, Turkey, Northern Ireland, Netherlands and England.
– Ronaldo has now scored 98 goals in 163 caps for Portugal.
– Those 98 goals have come against 40 different countries.
– Now on 98 strikes from 163 caps, the 34-year-old still has a great shot as surpassing Ali Daei’s record 109 international goals in 149 caps for Iran.
– Ronaldo has now scored a total of 705 goals for club and country throughout his career while also registering 214 assists.
– If a player was to score 40 goals for the next 15 seasons, they would still be 105 goals short of Ronaldo’s record.