Madrid strikers set to leave Madrid this month with many clubs’ interests



Real Madrid striker Mariano Diaz looks set to leave the club this month with a host of clubs interested in his signature, say Marca.

On Monday, Marca reported Real Betis were keen on a deal – even if Espanyol striker Borja Iglesias is their number one target – while the same paper had linked Monaco with a move.

Marseille are also said to be interested in the player while Espanyol – who could lose Iglesias – and Valencia, whose Rodrigo Moreno may depart, are also said to be keen.

Mariano, 25, netted twice in Madrid’s 3-2 win over Villarreal in May in what was only his third league start of the campaign – whilst he is thought to be a peripheral figure again next season.

He has not featured in any of the club’s three pre-season friendlies to date while Tottenham have also been linked with a move for the striker who spent the 2017/18 campaign in Ligue 1 with Lyon.

It is said that the biggest stumbling block with regards to any move would be the striker’s €5m annual wage.

The Dominican forward had previously netted just two goals across all competitions with game-time limited and suffering a series of hamstring injuries.