According to the English media report, Ernesto Valverde has admitted that Barcelona have already contacted Antoine Griezmann over a possible move this summer.
The World Cup-winning striker revealed last week he will leave Atletico Madrid which has prompted the Catalan giants to make a move shortly after his announcement.
Griezmann was linked with a big-money switch to Barcelona last summer and now a move appears to be materialising following Valverde’s admission.
Barcelona concluded their title-winning campaign with a 2-2 draw against Eibar and still have a Copa Del Rey final to play, which Valverde insists is the club’s main focus for the time being.
‘It is true we have already made contact,’ Valverde said. ‘It is true that talks are ongoing, but the season isn’t over yet.
‘Afterwards we will have time for everything else – we won’t say anything new when we are talking about players from other teams.
‘We will see (what happens). He (Griezmann) is a great player. We’ve always said so.’
The 28-year-old’s reported £105million release clause is set to be activated on July 1 and Barcelona look set to nab their man after both Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester City pulled out of the race to sign him.